Cat n Mouse Jungle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
beBoy
beBoy
Admin
https://catnmousejungle.forumotion.com

build 0842 - July 30, 2017 Empty build 0842 - July 30, 2017

Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:05 am
Finally got around to fix a bug that affected Yellow (Player 7).  Now the game no longer quits when there is a Yellow player.

Good to see more and more ppl are getting onto bnet after SCR is released.  I'm thinking what else I should put in this map.  Below are some of the things I'm thinking about:

1. Auto-save - it is in the map but I haven't seen it worked before.  The existing criteria to even qualify for auto-save is a little absurd and complicated (complex enough that I don't remember what are the criteria).  I'm guessing, sometimes, mice screwed up and they may need a little help.

2. Random scan of the map - I'm thinking to give cat some vision when cat is relatively stuck at a quadrant of the map for too long, encouraging cat to go after other mice.

3. Mouse Hole regeneration - this was actually added long time ago in my Cat n Mouse Jump map, given that cat is relatively powerful in the late game, I guess mice could use an extra mouse hole or two if they're killed by the cat.

4. I wanna bring back Infestors (2), good idea?

5. I'm looking into why players are kicked out from bnet after each game.  I've been kicked out after playing other games with HyperTrigger (look it up if you wanna know what it is), will do some experiments on it.

6. Anti-hacks (via EUD) - from what I heard about SCR that it makes it harder for hack creators to create hacks by randomizing memory addresses, making specific memory such as vision, resource/money, unit position/status, difficult to access.  Also because of this randomization, existing anti-hack triggers via EUD (which relies heavily on static memory addresses) will not kick hackers (if there's any).  So I'm thinking to remove them altogether until new ones are created by the community.

I guess that's it for now.  Have fun.

Change log as follows:

Classic 2 BETA build 842 - July 30, 2017 (7.0.0842.main.201707300605)
- (bug) fixed a bug where a preplaced unit for debug purpose causing game to end prematurely when Player 7 (Yellow) exists
- (balance) added extra razing score for kills of preplaced Mouse Hole
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum